Tuesday, August 5, 2008

All you need is love

So sorry I was out for so long! I was so so so sick last week with an awful cold, but I am doing so much better now!

The lord has really been dealing with me about love the last few days. God mentions so many times in the Bible about love. Jesus tells us that it is the new comandment. He says that if we love that we don't have to worry about all ten comandments that we will do them easily if we just love first.

Sounds so easy right?

So much of the world doesn't love though. Paul says in Colossians 3:14 But bove all these things put on love which is the bond of perfection. I think sometimes we get critical and judgemental of people when we were just called to love them in the first place.

Dodie Osteen (Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church in Houston Texas) when I heard her speak she said the secret to a successful ministry is to love people. Lots of people will love people for what they will become or after they have come through a lot of stuff, but we are called to love them right were they are.

I think that we would have revival break out on the streets if we would just love eachother instead of tear eachother down. I mean really there is a devil out there that does his best to tear us down. I think of it like this. When we start being rude and critical and sometimes just plain old nasty we are on the wrong team.

You never know what someone has gone through in a day to treat you like they do. Why don't you just love them? I bet you would get a whole lot better of a response then if you just got on a highhorse that is for sure!

No comments: