Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fresh word

Proverbs 25:11
A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver

How true this word is. I beleive that God sends us a message through our Pastor or someone who as a voice into your life.

I was listening to Joyce Meyer while getting dressed the other morning (as I always do) and she was talking about how God will let you run from things for a time, but there is a place that we reach that God is going to make us face the things that we have avoided.

I have run from people with harsh personalities. People that are confrontational and are hard to read what they feel. My dad was this personality. He was the source of a lot of the pain that I faced as a child. So I have always avoided these kinds of people

Well I had to go face to face with it this week. I heard that message and then BAM that evening there I was facing that which I had run from for so long. I found myself feeling all of these things that I hadn't felt in so long. I felt an insecurity come over me that I hadn't felt since I was a child.

After I left that location that night I told my husband what I was feeling aobut the way this person was. He then tells me "Yea she is always really nice to you, but this is just how she is."

Then I saw what was going on.

All of this time God softened her heart toward me. He knew that I was not yet ready to confront that personality yet. Now though He knew that I had grown spiritually and that I was now ready.

The thing about moments like these is you realize that you are never to a point where you don't need God daily. God is still doing a work inside of all of us. The great thing is, is that His word promises this...

For I am sure that He who started this good work in you will carry it through until it is finished on the day of Christ Jesus.

Phil. 1:6

God is the one that works on our hearts. He is the one that will complete that work that is in us. That is good news. That means that I am not going to stay where I am forever. That I really am going from glory to glory!!

I just want to encourage you ladies to listen to what those around you are saying. God's word is sent through others to help equip us for what we need each and everyday!

No comments: