Friday, January 23, 2009

Where are the smiles these days?

I get more hits on this post on my blog than anyother one! I hope that this helps you in some way.....Please stay and look around my site and if you need prayer please e-mail me csparkles23@yahoo.com and be sure to leave a comment so I know you came by!
I just got back in from a girl trip to Oklahoma. One of the youth in Bryan and my youth group is going to be going to ORU this next year. We are so proud of her! We love you Bonnie! So myself and another youth leader went with her to get somethings lined out for her to attend there this fall......



This is Bonnie at summer camp :)


A smile says so much. I am a outgoing person. I feel like any trouble or obstacle can be conquered with a smile. I don't think I have really ever met a stranger for long. It doesn't ever take me too long to get to know someone. I truly believe that a smile can change some one's day.

Proverbs 17:22

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.


I can't tell you how many times I have quoted this scripture to my children. It is amazing how just changing your countenance changes your attitude.....


So you are wondering why am I saying this right? Well it was the craziest thing. From the time that we left to Oklahoma we got nothing but sour people in our path. I don't know what the deal was but it was as though everyone we came in contact with was not a very happy person. It became a joke by the end of the trip. We were a little leery to ask people something for fear that they would be rude.

Psalm 68:3

But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.

We are called to be a light in the darkness. What kind of light are we to those around us if we are sad? I know that troubles will arise. I know there are hard days. But girls I just want to encourage you to find joy in everyday. I am so thankful for my life and how blessed I am. That doesn't mean that everything always goes my way. That hard days don't come my way. I always say you can't control what happens in a day, but I can control how I handle what happens.

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I looked up rejoice to see what the definition is...it is to be happy about another's happiness. WOW! So in other words if you can't find anything to be happy about get happy about someone else's happiness. That is so good.

There is something that happens when we decide that we are not going to let what is happening around us to determine our happiness. Happy comes from the word happening. Interesting huh? Happenings are always changing.....There is something that doesn't change

The Lord....

That is what the scripture that says "The JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH". Joy here is dependent upon the Lord. The word says He is the same yesterday today and forever.....HALLELUJAH! So if you are having a hard day, maybe even a tough season of life. I want to encourage you to get a deposit of the Lord's joy in your life! Let's be that smiling face to those around us that changes lives!
That means we don't have to live a yo yo life of happy sad happy sad. We can have a joy that is the same no matter what our happenings are! So smile the joy of the LORD the joy that doesn't change with the value of your home, what is in your bank account, how your kids are acting, what your husband is saying, or what your mind is telling you. You can lean on the Lord and His joy will overtake you. But it first starts with a prayer and a smile in faith that more are to come!

No comments: