Saturday, January 17, 2009

A change in seasons

The last month my grandpa has been here from California. In that time he has been in and out of the hospital. I have watched how he isn't the grandpa I remember from my childhood. Full of life and zeal. His health problems have so increased the last year. It breaks my heart.

With all that he has been through the last month, my sister's wedding, Chik Nite, youth events, sister in law's surgery, preaching at various places, and Christmas it has been a very busy season.

I am so thankful for God's never ending source of Grace that we can draw on at any time. I have had to draw on it so many times the last few weeks. The thing I love about God is even when our strength ends His is never ending. There were times that my spirit felt so empty. Just a few minutes in God's word and a little worship left me feeling so energized.

God is so faithful to help us through anything that we are going through. My husband also has been my strong rock through all of this. Now that my papa is on a plane back to California I am just in awe of the grace that God poured over me through this last month. There were times when watching him sick and having two kids to take care of, of my own I thought there is no way I am going to be able to get through this season of my life. Through God's faith fullness I made it through.

I am looking forward to the change in seasons to see what God will do in this next season in my life now that is over.......I love you papa see you this summer......

No comments: