Saturday, November 28, 2009

The best apple pie you will ever have!

WOW Thanksgiving was wonderful wasn't it? I love getting together with family laughing telling jokes, and enjoying memories being made. There is something so special getting together on Thanksgiving to think people for hundreds of years have done this very same thing. How special is that to think about that?

I will say this Thanksgiving I finally realized that no the rest of the world does not have Thanksgiving. I was shocked to learn that our friends overseas were not celebrating with us on Thursday, but then I realized DUH pilgrims, Indians, big boat....Never realized that before!

So I have to tell you I made my first apple pie the other day....It turned out GREAT! Ok girls hands down this is the best pie you will ever eat! My hubby loves loves loves apple pie and he even will say this is the best pie he has ever had! I know you will love it too!!

Crunch Apple Pie
Refrigerated pie crust (comes in pack of two)
Filling:
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon
dash salt
1 t. lemon juice
10 oz. Motts cinnamon applesauce
(yes Motts I have tried all different applesauce didn't turn out as well)
4 c. Peeled sliced apples (Golden delicous)
3 T. butter
Topping:
6 T. flour
2T. sugar
2T. brown sugar
dash salt
Vegetable oil
Time to put it all together!
Step 1.
Pre-heat oven to 350
Step 2.
Mix all your filling ingredients but butter.
Put into pie shell then dab butter pieces all over.
Step 3.
Mix up all crunch topping do enough Vegetable oil that the flour mixture is just barely moist. There should be some that doesn't even get any oil. (about 3Tablespoons)
Step 4.
Cut your second pie shell in to pieces and piece
across top of topping in the first shell.
Step 5.
Put crumb topping all over top of pie.
Step 6.
Place in oven and bake till crust is nice and brown!
(Mine takes about 35-40 minutes so be sure and watch it!)
Hope you all love it as much as my family and friends have and do! Let me know how it turns out! This will be a great treat for you to make for all of your Christmas party guests!

No comments: