Monday, September 8, 2008

8 YEARS!



Today brings back so many memories. September 08, 2000 I would never be the same.

Bryan had asked me out on the 5th of September. We worked out the details that he would take me out after the football game the night of the 8th. I was in the drill team. My week was busy and my friends were going to go out that night. I did not want to go out with this "preachers son".

Thankfully he went down to where we would go get snacks at half time. My best friend at the time saw him and told me I better go out with him. So I did.

I was planning on standing him up though so all I packed to change into was a pair of work out shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops (sexy I know). So off we went. He drove me through a Burger King drive through and got me a whopper and a water. (it was by my request might I add) We stayed out till 3 a.m. talking about all kinds of things....then it came time for him to drop me off at my car and he hugged me and that was it....

I sat in my car completely speechless. For the first time I was respected. He didn't try to put the moves on me. He just wanted to know me for me and who I was. I didn't know how to act as I had never been treated with such respect.

A few days later he sent me flowers telling me he hoped that we could get together again soon. God sent me such a precious gift. Every year on this date I have such a heart of gratitude because I realize how I almost walked away from that gift.

Bryan, I love you babe! I will never be able to show you or tell you how thankful I am for you in my life! I love you so much! Thank you for always supporting, being there, loving, and helping me through everything that we have been through. I know no matter what I can always look to you and you will never leave me nor let me down! I love you and happy 8 years!

1 comment:

Weeksie50 said...

Oh what a sweet post.
You and your guy are too cute together! Happy 8 years.. with many happy more ahead..

Becky