Saturday, January 9, 2010

Confidence level=Life happiness level

Hebrews 10:35-36 Therefore do not cast away your confidence which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise.

I was reading this the other day. It tells us not to cast away what? Our confidence....Why not because it is the determiner of our great reward.....hmmmmmmmm

So you mean it isn't me being "good" or "perfect". It is my confidence in God to bring to pass what He said He would do. That really rocks everything you thought about obtaining your goals huh? Being confident in the things of God is for sure the number one thing I watch people slip up in and then everything else starts falling in around them. I never quiet understood why it works like that until I read this. Our confidence in God has everything to do with us receiving the promises of God. So I must ask....where is your confidence?

Out of our confidence comes our endurance is what it talks about in verse 16. The devil wants to attack your confidence in God through attacking your children, finances, health, situations, job etc. These things will make people waiver in their confidence which then makes them loose the endurance to finish their race. In the message translation verse 16 finishes by saying it is our promised completion. God promises our finish you determine weather you have the endurance to get there.

So how is your confidence in the things of God in your life. Are you led by your circumstances or by the word....That my friends is a question that only you can answer.

2 comments:

delighted heart said...

Good Word! Thanks for reminding me! In one version it says ..."Don't cast away your confidence for it has great recompense of reward." I heard this preached on a tape years ago and I always remember that word "recompense" means to pay compensation for. Isn't that good! I love to get compensated for something...better ramp up that confidence factor! Anyway I just like the sound of the word "recompense"! LOL

Anonymous said...

something led me to your blog. Maybe it was chance or maybe it was God, I am going thru a lot of difficult things right now and I thank you for your words. I feel as though it was meant for me.