Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cinderella....

One of my favorite movies hands down is Cinderella. If you are thinking "Yeah ok whatever". Then you obviously haven't seen it in quiet sometime or else you would note how wonderful of a movie it is.


I was shopping at Canton the other day and there were those cute signs you know the ones with the little sayings on a wood board. The ones that probably only cost like $5.00 to make but the charge you $25.00 because they know you will never get around to doing it yourself....Those signs.....


*I crack myself up*


Well I see this one that catches my eye

"One shoe can change your life"

Cinderella

Sounds silly but that is a powerful statement. So from that point on I had this urge to watch Cinderella. I watched it the other day finally with my daughter and realized how powerful that is. The story that is.....


You see she was going through life not where she wanted to be. She woke up every morning seeing the big castle up on the hill and dreaming of what life will one day be like, but still having to do the chores for her wicked step-mother and sisters. Then one day when she didn't see it coming she got her miracle. Everything in her life turned around.


You see Disney took this story from Joseph in the Bible he was the same way. He could see the dreams in his heart yet he had to keep doing what he was doing. Then one day his dreams came true.


I talk to people all of the time that have two things down

1. They don't like where they are


2. They know where they are going


What a lot of people fail to realize is that there is a road from #1 to #2, and what it takes to get there is a lot of patience. You see if Cinderella would have gotten fed up and just walked out she would have never had met the prince. Sure she probably would have gotten a some what better life, but not the wonderful one that she got at the end of the movie.


You see when you stay faithful where you are and in what you are doing God is working behind the scenes to make all of your dreams come true. You just have to do what I call "work the dream". Your job is to just do what you can with what you have till God shows up.


I love what Joyce Meyer says "People always see where I am today and want that. What they don't see is the 32 years it took for me to be here. The fact is they don't want those 32 years they just want my present situation".


That is so powerful when you think about it!


Girls let's work the dream. We are all on the road to our dreams. Well at least I am. I am not going to bail out for an easy out. I am going to keep working the dream because I know in the end it will all be more than I could have ever dreamt!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Amen-Sister!
Have you seen the Cinderella staring Brandy and Whitney Huston? It also has Whoopie Goldberg, Victor Garber, and Bernadette Peters. We LOVE it. I especially love all the architecture and painting on the buildings. I could so totally live in the little town!
"Rella" was my daughter's favorite from when she was tiny. We went to Disneyland last summer and at 15 she finally got to me her. Yes, I have the picture!!
Blessings~LillySue

Anonymous said...

Hi! How are you?

I really, really need prayer.. do you think you could visit my blog and bring any other Sisters in Christ over too?

God bless you!