Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kicking you OUT of the boat

boat

Matthew 14:24-31

24-26Meanwhile, the boat was far out to sea when the wind came up against them and they were battered by the waves. At about four o'clock in the morning, Jesus came toward them walking on the water. They were scared out of their wits. "A ghost!" they said, crying out in terror.

27But Jesus was quick to comfort them. "Courage, it's me. Don't be afraid."

28Peter, suddenly bold, said, "Master, if it's really you, call me to come to you on the water."

29-30He said, "Come ahead."

Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus. But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, "Master, save me!"

31Jesus didn't hesitate. He reached down and grabbed his hand. Then he said, "Faint-heart, what got into you?"


God really revealed something to me throughout his text. There was water between Jesus and the disciples. They were the ones on the boat he was the one on the land. He then walked out to meet them. I think God is telling us two things through this text.


1. There is no space or anything that can separate us from God. Just because we are in a difficult place. In this situation a storm that prevented them going where Jesus was that doesn't stop God. No matter what obstacles you are facing in life God will meet you where you are at and make miracles with your life.

God sees where you are and what you are going through. When you are in the storms of life we can't see that Jesus is behind the scenes developing an exit strategy for us. What a good God we serve.

2. The boat in this symbolizes so many things to me. It represents preconceived thoughts of what God can do. They thought the only way to get to Jesus is to take the boat to their destination. But with God we can't just depend on what we think but trust in God to deliver us whatever we are in.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;


Maybe you are not facing a big obstacle right now. For me I have in my heart such big dreams. I know that I know my destiny is to preach. I have a hunger in ministering to women. I see myself preaching all over the nation, but I don't know how to get from A to B. The great thing is God knows exactly how to. For so long I had constructed a "boat" of how I thought God was going to bring things about. Through counsel from Joyce Meyer and Beth Jones they told me to start putting myself out there. Beth said to do a blog to start ministering to ladies and that is what would take me to my destiny. I thought "that makes no sense". I drug my feet not wanting to do it. All the while the Holy Spirit urging me to do it.

So here I am. Just like Peter I had to get out of my comfort Zone. Here Peter was it was four in the morning on a nice safe boat there was security in where he was. He made the decision to meet Jesus. He had to let go of what he thought would get him to Jesus.

I don't know what your dream what your want for your life. Maybe right now you just want things to be better then what they were. Just start putting one foot in front of the other. Get somebody in your life that will mentor you. Just start doing what is on your heart to do.

Sometimes people are like man Peter he didn't have great faith, because he sunk. I am like "Dude at least he tried". Some of us today have dreams and visions. We watch people on t.v. etc that are living our dream. We are addicted to watching certain shows because it is about what we love to do. Hey that is your dream and God put that in you for a reason. It is time to get out of the boat and start walking to Jesus.

jumping

Jesus is teaching me more and more to get out of the comfort zones of my life and start looking to Him to tell me how to get my destination. He has better plans then what we could ever set out. Peter learned so much through this experience I know. I mean really how many people can say they walked on water with Jesus. From now on I will be able to. I set it in my heart that I am going to live my life by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Even when it doesn't make sense to my natural mind, I will get out of the boat and go to God with a heart of expectation.

So it is official, I have kicked you out of your boat. Go do what you were created to do. That is what you were made to do. It is time to do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I feel a footprint on my backside! Another awesome post...you rock! Now if I can just figure out what I'm supposed to be doing outside of the boat!
Love ya my fabulous friend!
Patti

Anonymous said...

Crystal, I am blessed by your obedience to the Holy Spirit within you! Good steppin' out girl. I love you and am thankful to know you. Your mom sent this to me, yay for Moms! It is inspiring to me- isnt technology great that when we know we have something to say we can just put it out there~